Week #6 - My Heart Hurts!

Our dear family friend and one of CJ's close friends from Bear River passed away last Friday.  His name is Judd Miller.  Craig coached him since he was 5 years old in basketball and then when they started playing football.  CJ has known him almost his whole life.  CJ was especially grateful to see him just a little over a week ago at the State Track Meet where they talked about life, their missions, and all the years of memories they have had together. He drowned while cliff jumping.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Miller family. 
 -----------------------
My heart hurts so much. I don't even know what to say. My love and I know God's love goes out to the Miller family. Judd offered so much to this world. And God knew that he had completed His mission on earth. He fulfilled what he was sent down here to do. I know that God is pleased with him. 

My companion lost her brother in a car accident and lost her father from cancer. She was feeling low a few days ago and asked for a blessing. I can promise you right now that I know her dad was there giving the blessing. The veil was so thin I felt his presence. I know we have angels from the other side helping us. Just like Jospeh and Emma Smith the hardest things happen to the greatest people. I know God loves us so much that he sent his son to hurt and suffer so that we can overcome death. Don't let go, the Savior is carrying you through these hard times telling us we're almost there and lifting us towards God. 

  35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
  36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
  37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
  38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
  39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39
 I am grateful to be working with Sister Nish.  She is so Strong & Courageous and is able to really connect with the YSA. I love working with the Churchville YSA and the area I am in. The Members, and Investigators have helped me better understand how to help each of them individually and how through our Savior and His grace I can help them each face the trials that come into their life and how to feel relief from their pains, sins, and sorrows.
 
 Hope the funeral goes well.  My thoughts are with CJ especially.  Please tell the Millers I am praying for them.

Love,

Sister Rees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #77 - Red Doors and Pink Flowers

Week #25 - Christ's Atonement is the Reason to be Happy!

Week #81 - Love You Burlington!!