Week #41 - Love Is Most Important!

This week has been very good!! 

We called some people on the phone that we felt had potential to being ready to hear the gospel.  A man named Stephen, answered and said he was interested. We started talking to him over the phone while he was at work about the importance of the Book of Mormon and the role it plays. We came over to teach him about the Restoration and on the way over I slipped on the ice and fell up the driveway, hah!!  We were laughing so hard that by the time I got to the door we were smiling so big!! hah it worked out great.=) 

We've been doing a lot of teaching and tons of tracting.  The last few days we have seen lots of success! 

We had dinner last night with a member from Italy and I actually knew his daughter that lived in Kingston. Before we left, he told us something very important (that hasn't left my mind) about how important love is. He said that the most important thing you can do is to love your companion.  No matter how hard you try and no matter how much work you put in, nothing in missionary work will happen if you don't love your companion. Others will feel the spirit and feel of the Saviors love through your love for your companion. I believe that to be true. When my companion and I both know that we love each other and we serve each other, understand, listen, and enjoy the journey together, we have found so much success!! 

I came across a talk called "Love Her Mother" by Elaine S Dalton.  It says, "You can show your daughter by the way you love and honor your wife that she should never settle for less. Your example will teach your daughter to value womanhood. You are showing her that she is a daughter of our Heavenly Father, who loves her."

As Sister Tebbs and I have loved each other we have felt that those we are teaching and/or talking to have felt this love and wanted us to be in their home.  We have both felt that love and the Spirit have contributed to many experiences we have had these past few weeks.  We have had people we are teaching requesting we call them and say prayers with them because of the feeling they get and many other sacred experiences that have happened. 

I'm grateful for my Savior and His love for me. I know that if I continue to serve my Father in Heaven and obey His commandments that He will know how much I truly love His Son. 

Talk of the Day: 

Lots of Love,
Sister Rees


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #77 - Red Doors and Pink Flowers

Week #25 - Christ's Atonement is the Reason to be Happy!

Week #81 - Love You Burlington!!