Week #54 - "Spread Love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving Happier." - Mother Teresa

We have had a great week!  Many funny experiences.  We are still visiting Jose.  We are meeting with him again this next week.  My Mission President was a bit surprised and amazed when we reported the 91 Bible referrals to him!!  Getting a referral is like gold.  The people are at least open to something that you have to say when you meet with them.  We are hoping to find more ways to get some referrals.  Out of the 91 - we only had 3 in our area!!  


We went to visit Sister Conway this week for our weekly Dinner Appt. It came to a close and she gave us Ice Cream and I went to use the washroom. Right as I got up to leave the kitchen it turns out she followed right behind and went into the other room. I came back and Sister Conway was sitting in a rocking chair right next to the door reading about Queen Elizabeth and I jumped back and said 'whoa Hi'.  I asked her where my companion was and there Sister Farnsworth was eating her ice cream all alone hahh. 

Sister Farnsworth came over into the room and Sister Conway told me that she had the Tabernacle choir CD and I asked if we could play it. I put it in and turned it up but no noise. I got on my knees so I was level with it and I turned it up louder. Then I noticed it wasn't on. I turn it on and AHHHH the house shook!! 94 year old Sister Conway about left this earth. I only thought it was a CD player, I didn't realize she had a full sound system through out her home!? It was like slow motion when I turned it on. I screamed and fell back, Sister Farnsworth had her hands over her ears and closed her eyes, and Sister Conway was holding on to her rocking chair for dear life and her eyes were popping out so wide I think her eye lids got sucked in. I turned it down and couldn't stop laughing!! Sister Conway laughed so hard! it was a good day:)

We were out contacting and we saw a man out planting his garden and we mentioned he had a beautiful garden. He asked where we were from and then asked why we were here. We told him we were missionaries and he wasn't interested but he said he would show us the back yard. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. He said that he grows flowers and anyone can come and buy them for $5. He invited us over and before we left him with a card and he seemed happier towards the end after talking with us.

Love you, Sister Rees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #77 - Red Doors and Pink Flowers

Week #25 - Christ's Atonement is the Reason to be Happy!

Week #81 - Love You Burlington!!